The Hotfix Share

English Windows XP Hotfix Request

xable

OK i`ve checked 893371 and it is indeed a SP2 fix, however, it is made obsolete by the current IE cumulative hotfix. So it won`t be going into the share unless somone can give a good reason why you wouldn`t install 916281.

Petr, Don`t get us wrong, we appreciate your contribution and thank you for it.. this place can do with more contributers like yourself and the_guy.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

893371 includes mshtml.dll and mshtmled.dll 6.00.2900.2676.

MS06-021 (916281) includes mshtml.dll 6.00.2900.2912 and mshtmled.dll 6.00.2900.2904.

893371 is obsolete.

the_guy

Yes, this is exactly what I already wrote in my initial post:

I have noticed that I have here English version of KB893371 so I have uploaded it. Although it is obsoleted by KB916281.

Petr

Petr

OK i`ve checked 893371 and it is indeed a SP2 fix, however, it is made obsolete by the current IE cumulative hotfix. So it won`t be going into the share unless somone can give a good reason why you wouldn`t install 916281.

Petr, Don`t get us wrong, we appreciate your contribution and thank you for it.. this place can do with more contributers like yourself and the_guy.

No problem, I just want to make things clear and sometimes I don't know what is your exact intention. I just supposed that all obsolete hotfixes belongs to obsolete folder, it has no sense to ask MS for obsoleted hotfixes, but if I have one, I think it could be added. I admit it has very limited use.

Petr

• 2 weeks later...

KB907247 - Description of the Credential Roaming service update for Windows Server 2003 and for Windows XP

KB915365 - A distributed application stops responding, or the network connection fails after you install Microsoft Security Update MS04-031

KB918837 - Windows power management is turned off when you turn off the WakeUp option for an NDIS wireless network adapter in Windows XP

Edited by yingkit2007