Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Someone has the hotfix for the following Visual Studio 2005 Pro KBs:

KB942124

Article ID : 942124

Last Review : November 10, 2007

Revision : 1.2

FIX: The Visual Studio 2005 IDE may randomly crash when you build a Visual Basic .NET solution

SYMPTOMS

The Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 IDE may randomly crash when you build a Microsoft Visual Basic .NET solution. This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:• You installed Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1.

• The Visual Basic .NET solution has more than one project.

• A .dll file of a project is directly referenced by another project.

Note This problem occurs more frequently when you click Rebuild Solution on the Build menu than when you click Build Solution on the Build menu.

KB920145

Article ID : 920145

Last Review : December 6, 2006

Revision : 1.5

FIX: You may receive an error message when you consume an assembly that has an obfuscated generic type in Visual Studio 2005

SYMPTOMS

In Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, when you consume an assembly that has an obfuscated generic type in a Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 project, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:

The Microsoft® Visual Basic compiler has encountered a problem and must close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Additionally, you may also be prompted to send an error report to Microsoft before Visual Studio 2005 closes, and you may receive the following error message:

Visual Basic compiler is unable to recover from the following error : System Error &Hc0000005& (Visual Basic internal complier error). Save your work and restart.

I'm having troubles with a solution in VB.NET

TIA

Regards :o

Edited by bLaSpHeMy

I want to modify my post.. but I can't find it!!

There is no need to edit this time but look up and there it is. ;)

You have my apolieges about my first post. The rules don't say that only the KB numbers mus be placed. Sorry.

No it doesn`t but that`s all that`s needed. Imagine everyone quoting the whole KB for every request :wacko: