The Hotfix Share

English Windows XP Hotfix Request

xable

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8 August 2006, Microsoft published an automatic Windows Update KB917422. This update has installed on your computer and conflicts with a wide range of software. Computers running Windows 2000 and Windows XP are likely to be affected. Microsoft has now made a hotfix called KB924867 which solves this problem.

Uploaded hotfix KB924867

Contains: kernel32.dll (5.1.2600.2991)

MSFT will publish this high priority hotfix next week on 26 september on MSFT Download Center.

Edited by shaz

On 8 August 2006, Microsoft published an automatic Windows Update KB917422. This update has installed on your computer and conflicts with a wide range of software. Computers running Windows 2000 and Windows XP are likely to be affected. Microsoft has now made a hotfix called KB924867 which solves this problem.

Uploaded hotfix KB924867

Contains: kernel32.dll (5.1.2600.2991)

MSFT will publish this high priority hotfix next week on 26 september on MSFT Download Center.

Any details on what "wide range of software" means. There is no KB article available for this fix.

Any details on what "wide range of software" means. There is no KB article available for this fix.

The KB article will be publsihed next week, but till now no other information about this hotfix is available except here:

Info

Search for KB924867 in this link. You will find the information I already submitted.

Uploaded KB921296 (Windows Server 2003)

Wrong thread for that.

By the way KB921296 is only for Windows Server 2003.

So you can remove KB921296 from the hotfix list for XP

I think this was discused earlyer in this thread, the file exists on the XP CD in support tools and the KB says it`s for 2K, 2K3 and XP.

Quote from KB

Note Although this hotfix was created for Windows Server 2003, you can also run Msizap.exe in Microsoft Windows XP and in Microsoft Windows 2000.

May I know why do you need KB894480? Twice I mentioned that it is obsoleted but... ?

Petr

We`ve discussed this before:

The fix`s I mark obsolete have been replaced file for file by another fix.

ATM no fix either in the archive already or on request list will directly replace 894480.

List updated.