Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Network Connections bug
The Hotfix Share > Hotfix and Update Discussion > Troubleshooting

fatasswilly
My network connection icon has been acting very buggy and laggy; it doesn't update when I plug in an ethernet cable, and it doesn't update when I connect to a new wireless network. Also, when I right click on it and attempt to manage my connections, the window opens but takes 10 minutes or so to load. Connecting to wireless/ethernet is not a problem, because windows does it automatically. However, I'd still like to be able to manage and monitor my connections.

I was wondering if this is a common issue, and if there is a hotfix that addresses this.
CeSSaS
Look at following KB article (maybe explanatory):

KB945925 - The network adapter icon incorrectly displays a red "X" in the Manage Network Connections window in Windows Vista when the network adapter is connected
fatasswilly
I saw that article, I was hoping for a fix.

Thanks though biggrin.gif
xable
There`s no fix available for that KB number, only a workaround. Try searching microsofts knowledge base for your issue to see if there`s another hotfix that addresses it. Then you can come back and download it or request it in the appropriate request thread.

Good luck.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.