Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windows Vista SP1 Released To Small Group
The Hotfix Share > Hotfix and Update Discussion > Beta Den

xable
As Mary Jo Foley forecasted, a Windows Vista SP1 drop was made in mid-July. We're hearing, however, the drop was made to a small group of random testers for "pre-beta" testing. Pre-beta testing is usually conducted to test software that is more mature than a first-stab, annihilate-your-machine alpha (VS2008 anyone?) but doesn't quite implement all the required functionalities to be labeled a true beta.

The service pack comes labeled with a build string matching its recently released WDK brother and smells of Server 2008 kernel, which is A Good Thing™ -- 6001.16549(longhorn_sp1beta1.070628-1825). (Thanks C.)

Queried Microsoft and beta participants are denying the program's existence, as expected. We'll have to suffer with our malfunctioning Windows Vista installs for just a tad longer.

Source: www.aeroxp.org

EDIT:
x86 and x64 versions available in the beta section of the download manager. If you have download trouble`s post here.

EDIT 2:
A white paper is now available in the microsoft download centre.

EDIT 3:
Build 6001.16659 is available via windows update.
Gentil66
Hello the Torrent of the beta SP1 for Vista is here

EDIT no torrent links please.
xable
There is no stand alone package yet. Just a 3GB image with SP1 slipstreamed.
Gentil66
ah ok, sorry. I'm very sorry.
xable
A stand alone package has been leaked.. slowly getting it over torrent now, will add to the download manager when done smile.gif
mirage
both x86 and x64 are leaked.
terroradagio
I wouldn't install it. It is a pre-beta to the SP1 Beta, plus why put up with having your Vista installion expire and have to reinstall?
xable
You can now get the x86 version in the download manager.

x64 bit version comming soon.
xable
x64 is up now too. If you have download trouble`s report here.

Enjoy!
DjBase
Sadly it does not apply to my system it said rolleyes.gif is this only for premium and ultimate users ? I have the windows vista 32 bit home edition OEM English

Is anybody having this problem, i just find it a little weird when it says it's supporting all versions of vista dry.gif
xable
All I can say is search google and microsoft for the error. It is very vague and not very helpfull. I don`t know why It`s not working for you unfortunatly.
xable
A white paper is now available in the microsoft download centre.

and anyone getting the "does not apply to your system" message, change your region to US.
Gabe
after almost 3 hours of installing I get an error after its back to my desktop saying installation failed, Error code: 0x8007054E

I downloaded the x64 version from here 2 days ago just redownloaded it today thinking of trying the install again but I'm not sure if I should, the service pack is uninstallable correct?
xable
Loadz of people have installed it OK, don`t know what to tell ya. At least your able to download it!
Gabe
Just tryed installing it again with a fresh download, after 3 hours of installing i got the same exact error so I'll wait for the next beta. Thanks for hosting it.

xable
Well this is a pre-beta so it will have bugs, google has some answers on that stop error but if you`ve not searched for it already I suggest you stay away from beta`s and play with the final release instead.
Gabe
The only stuff i found on the error was people were installing mysql stuff. I couldn't find anything that related to what I was doing.
xable
From what I gather, that error results from a corrupt WMI Repository when installing stuff including SQL Server 2005 Express SP1.

Reparing the WMI Repository may fix the issue.
Gabe
are you familiar with repairing it?
vladis
Installed x64 vista sp1 and after that half of vista's programs stopped functioning including control panel. Did anyone else get this? There was a hotfix on microsoft website that should fix control panel and other programs but after downloading (x64) and executing it told me that "your system does not apply" or something like it. Searched the web for more than a couple of hours, tried many suggestions but nothing worked. Trying to uninstall sp1 now through safe mode (woohoo cp works in safe mode). How are other ppl doing with sp1? Write here your experience and the type of vista you're using

btw, sorry for double post
vladis
left uninstalling the sp1 and went to sleep. woke up 7h later and the uninstall process was still in progress (lol). Booted vista setup from a dvd and noticed that there was only 90mb free in my C:\ which means the uninstall process ate like 8gb of my free space. Formatted hdd, clean install vista ultimate x64 and as soon as windows loaded, installed vista sp1 immediately without installing any drivers. Windows loaded after sp1 installation, installed all drivers and programs - no more problems. I guess the main solution is to remove all drivers before installing sp1 and then reinstall them just to make sure everything goes fine.
DavidinCT
Has anyone actually got this installed an notice any improvement in any way ? Dealing with speed perfomance issues with vista, might be willing to install if I hear anything good here....
xable
Lots of people have had good experiences with it, unfortunatly people only usually post when stuff goes wrong.

If I was you I`d try it on a dev machine. It is beta so you should try it with the mindset stuff can and probably will go wrong, then if it doesn`t, brilliant, if it does never mind.. you`ll still have your production install to fall back on.
krogoth
I'm on Vista Sp1 x64 right now but I haven't noticed any performance improvements.... System is now booting slower but it uses approx. 20% less resources.

There wasn't any problems during instalation. (Sp was installed over vista witch was used since RTM relase on Connect)
DavidinCT
Just wondering becuse I am using Vista Media Center on a dedicated HTPC, and getting so, so perfomance from HD content. If it causes the system to use less resources, it might be worth giving a shot on. Of course, I will do a full system backup before installing, so I can just boot off a DVD to restore it if needed.

If it's on connect, I didn't see it there, So is there a direct link ?

Any one try it that uses Media Center ? Any notice in performance ?
xable
Build 6001.16659 is available via windows update.
mirage
but only if you are running a previous Sp1 Beta Build.
krogoth
No, its not. I was using v249 x64 and i haven't got it... Now i uninstalled Sp1 and there are no Sp via Windows Update too...
xable
Yes, it`s only available to current beta testers.
krogoth
OK, I already got it biggrin.gif I can upload it here but file size limit is 100mb... Give me 1.7Gb and I will upload it ASAP. (v275 x64)
michelkenny
QUOTE (krogoth @ Sep 27 2007, 05:01 AM) *
OK, I already got it biggrin.gif I can upload it here but file size limit is 100mb... Give me 1.7Gb and I will upload it ASAP. (v275 x64)

Give the man some space to upload! smile.gif
xable
I already did, he`s only uploaded 400MB and stopped ages ago. I am currently downloading it and will upload it myself in good time.

Please no more requests in this thread, it will be up when it`s up.
rony
I load the 1.1GB sp1 64bit from the server.... works the instal on a german vista verison?
rony
my report...

after the download, is start the install... on my laptop... the preparing start, and after that ( and 50min ) the laptop restart and boot up.
The "real" install start, after 10min, the second reboot, and install. After 4 restarts an 160min it comes the fifth restart, but in the boting procres it came a bluescreen.... an i can´t start my vista compledliy ohmy.gif

sry for my bad english....
madmossy
QUOTE (DjBase @ Sep 4 2007, 08:29 PM) *
Sadly it does not apply to my system it said rolleyes.gif is this only for premium and ultimate users ? I have the windows vista 32 bit home edition OEM English

Is anybody having this problem, i just find it a little weird when it says it's supporting all versions of vista dry.gif

I had exactly the same problem when trying to install SP1 on my Vista 64 Ultimate system, think it may be down to the fact we are using OEM versions.
highrisk
How do you tell which build you have? 6001.16659 or 6001.16549? My System Properties only says Service Pack 1 v.249
mirage
v249 is Build 6001.16633
michelkenny
QUOTE (rony @ Sep 30 2007, 07:18 AM) *
my report...

after the download, is start the install... on my laptop... the preparing start, and after that ( and 50min ) the laptop restart and boot up.
The "real" install start, after 10min, the second reboot, and install. After 4 restarts an 160min it comes the fifth restart, but in the boting procres it came a bluescreen.... an i can´t start my vista compledliy ohmy.gif

sry for my bad english....

You need to set your system locale to English (US). I had it set to Canada and it wouldn't install, then I switched to US and it installs.
highrisk
QUOTE (mirage @ Oct 4 2007, 02:01 AM) *
v249 is Build 6001.16633

Thanks so much for your help in this topic and my other posts as well!

Any idea how I can better tell in the future which version I have? Also, any particular reason why Build 6001.16659 isn't pushing through WU for me?
xable
Er ye, no more double posting.

We`ve got dedicated support threads for each beta now, please use those for support.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.