Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
 File transfer in Vista Ultimate SP1 freezes
maximusprime2008
post Apr 28 2008, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Hotfixer
Member No.: 64,734

Hello to everyone! I'm new to this forum. The problem I'm having is that whenever I try to rename a file or folder, explorer will freeze for about 1-2 min before completing the rename process. The exact same thing happens when I try to transfer files or folders from one part of the hard drive to another. I'm running a Gateway MX6956 laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1) (32bit) v 6.0.6001. huh.gif I've searched the forum and found KB931770. When I tried installing the hotfix for the 32bit version, I was given a message saying that the hotfix doesn't apply to my system. I am at a loss. This problem is causing me quite a bit of frustration. Thanks for your help! happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+
maximusprime2008
post Apr 28 2008, 04:11 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 64,734

I just wanted to add that what pops up as explorer freezes is "Calculating Time Remaining

0 minutes remaining" . Also when changing the file/folder name everything in THAT window freezes. Hope this helps! Thanks again!

+
burfadel
post Apr 28 2008, 07:15 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,140

I have seen a similar thing, but copying a large files to a slow large USB stick (such as 8gb or 16gb) with Vista SP1, mines on x64 edition

+
xable
post Apr 28 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #4

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

I spare myself the pain and stick with XP so can`t help much, but I was under the impression that file operation issues had been fixed in vista.

There may be other updates which might help, if you can`t find any in the search here try searching the microsoft knowledge base. gluck.

+

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:27 AM
Donate
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners
The Hotfix Share is not affiliated with Microsoft
Copyright © 2013 TheHotfixShare.net