The Hotfix Share

Forum changes...

xable

Time for a change I feel...

IPB3`s in beta stages now and will be installed here when it`s stable, this is sort of a given but still. For a sneak peak you can check it out on invision`s preview site. I`m excited about it so far, it`s a vast improvement in many areas.

In the mean time the amount of forums will be reduced, at the moment there are a lot of empty forums and the index is overly long winded. All the "download support topic forums" will be consolidated into one category, this will dramaticly reduce the amount of forums. There will then be a few other categorys containing forums for hotfix requests, general support, announcements ect... suggestions for new forums are welcome.

Inactive members, defined as having 0 posts and not logged in for 6 months, will be pruned. This will free up a lot of resources and help keep the database runing fast and smooth. I`ll send out an email before this happens to give you the chance to save your account from deletion if you so wish.

Finaly, a homepage will be created. I`m thinking it`ll either be a simple static page or a blog consisting of hotfix/windows related news. This will be left untill the IPB3 upgrade as it`ll need to be re-coded then anyway.

Aside from some other smaller less interesting things that`s about the size of the changes, of course your feedback is instrumental in making the hotfix share better so don`t be shy.

In the mean time the amount of forums will be reduced, at the moment there are a lot of empty forums and the index is overly long winded. All the "download support topic forums" will be consolidated into one category, this will dramaticly reduce the amount of forums. There will then be a few other categorys containing forums for hotfix requests, general support, announcements ect... suggestions for new forums are welcome.

Finaly, a homepage will be created. I`m thinking it`ll either be a simple static page or a blog consisting of hotfix/windows related news. This will be left untill the IPB3 upgrade as it`ll need to be re-coded then anyway.

I double it.

I hope there will be widely discussions about hotfix affairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, main moving around is done. What do you think?

Making a blog/portal and giving a group who is interested in posting to it the ability to do so shouldn`t be too hard. I`ll look into it.

The Publicly Available Update Discussion section could do with some moderators to moderate the forum and keep the logs updated, their really out of date ATM and I don`t have time to maintain them. If your interested drop me a PM.

If the forums get busyer we will probably need some global moderators aswell.

Looking forward to your comments :)

• 1 month later...