The Hotfix Share

Windows Vista SP1 Released To Small Group

xable

As Mary Jo Foley forecasted, a Windows Vista SP1 drop was made in mid-July. We're hearing, however, the drop was made to a small group of random testers for "pre-beta" testing. Pre-beta testing is usually conducted to test software that is more mature than a first-stab, annihilate-your-machine alpha (VS2008 anyone?) but doesn't quite implement all the required functionalities to be labeled a true beta.

The service pack comes labeled with a build string matching its recently released WDK brother and smells of Server 2008 kernel, which is A Good Thing™ -- 6001.16549(longhorn_sp1beta1.070628-1825). (Thanks C.)

Queried Microsoft and beta participants are denying the program's existence, as expected. We'll have to suffer with our malfunctioning Windows Vista installs for just a tad longer.

Source: www.aeroxp.org

EDIT:

x86 and x64 versions available in the beta section of the download manager. If you have download trouble`s post here.

EDIT 2:

A white paper is now available in the microsoft download centre.

EDIT 3:

Build 6001.16659 is available via windows update.

Edited by Xable

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly it does not apply to my system it said :rolleyes: is this only for premium and ultimate users ? I have the windows vista 32 bit home edition OEM English

Is anybody having this problem, i just find it a little weird when it says it's supporting all versions of vista <_<