The Hotfix Share

Topics Layout in Opera

GrofLuigi

Hi all,

I haven't touched anything (nor could I) in the board layout (I mean the representation on my computer), but since the last upgrade (I think), all topics come out in weird layout - only the first post and below it tree view of the individual messages appear, so I have to click on each one to see it.

I would like to restore the original (?) layout where all messages are visible at once. I know I could use the Options tab, but, the problem is, I use Opera and its javascript implementation is... how do I put it... nonstandard, and besides, I have some custom User Javascripts that I use that are absolutely necessary for me in other places.

The point is, Opera's Javascript doesn't work here and I don't want to 'fix' it. FireFox works fine, but the forum doesn't 'remember' the changes for the next session. I would like to continue using Opera (and mind you, I use it on many other boards without problems).

Also, I couldn't change skins (only 3.0 is available) and I wouldn't like to use Lo-Fi version.

Any advice how could I restore full view?

*Update - deleted custom javascripts - still doesn't work. Reinstaled Opera - same. Wiped out preferences/cache (physically deleted them from hdd) - yet no luck.

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi

Hi,

Your in outline view, to switch back to standard click the options dropdown menu at the top right of the topic and then click "Switch to: Standard". If you didn`t change the option yourself or find that it keeps reverting back, make sure the link or bookmark your using to get to the site doesn`t have &mode=threaded on the end of it, that would have the same effect as if you`d changed the display mode yourself via the options menu.

To use the Lo-Fi Version click the "Lo-Fi Version" link that`s at the bottom of every page.

Hi Xable,

Thank you for your reply. No, I don't have &mode=threaded at the end. For example, this thread's link is http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?showtopic=7322 . Oddly enough, if I add &mode=linear at the end, it works as it's supposed to (or as I expect it to).

Since this is Opera with b0rked Javascript, I cannot be sure if it's an issue with just me, so I would like to hear if any other Opera user has problem with the forum. If not, leave it alone, I'll manage somehow. :)

Great work on the whole forum, BTW.

Greetings,

GL

GrofLuigi, the skin code wise is very close to the standard ipb skin.. main changes are css and images. I personnaly have no problems setting the layout option in firefox, opera, ie6 or ie7.

Remember you only need to visit a link with &mode=threaded on the end once and you`ll be permanently set on outline view, untill you either change to standard in the options menu or put &mode=linear on the end of a topic link to change you back to standard view.

As you say your opera isn`t standard so I`m betting that`s why standard view won`t "stick" for you. PM me your login details and I`ll see if I can reproduce it in my standard version of opera, if I can, then there is something wrong with the board and I`ll look into it, if I can`t, then you`ll have to remove the customizations you`ve made to opera.

Odd thing is that sometimes it works (maybe mode linear or logging in with firefox helped)... I'm pretty sure it's my config, so please don't bother wasting your time on this - I was more hoping that someone would confirm this behaviour of Opera, but now I see what's the problem.

As I said, I'll manage, but if someone else has the same problem, I will gladly cooperate in troubleshooting. For now, it's not worth it.

Thank you again!

GL

Like I told you in pm, I tried with your account and it worked fine. So it can only have been a problem on your end especially as it is now working ok for you. Nothing has changed here.. I haven`t even applied the recently released updates to IPBoard and IPDownloads yet, there`s a mountain of queued hotfix`s I want to get through first.