The Hotfix Share

[RESOLVED] Downloads cutting out prematurely

xable

It seems due to the ammount of people downloading the server is haveing trouble dealing with it and downloads are sometimes stopping prematurely.

I`m working to resolve this issue, in the mean time please post here if your haveing trouble so I can gauge the situation.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it may be the other way around. The server has been slow and unresponsive and so causing downloads to cut out. My host has rebooted the server and downloads seem to be working ok again now so i`m just waiting to see if anyone else reports problems before I mark this resolved.

EDIT:

Issue has been resolved.

Topic Closed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My host has recently had serious network issues which are being resolved as I write this and downloads now seem to be faster and much more stable. If you have any issue with the site/downloads please report then to me so I can guage the situation and take appropriate action.

EDIT:

My host has just reported that network issues should now be resolved. Hopefully this is the end of our problems. Again, please report any that you may have. Thank you.

Edited by Xable

Thanks for reporting your troubles BbP2k, from your report I can gather you`ve tried repetadly to get the file and each time you`ve tried it`s cut out at around 120MB`s.

I have just tried downloading it and it was succesfull but the speed was variable at between about 160 and 120 kbps. My connection is capable of 210kbps so this isn`t as fast as I`ve seen it in the past.

Ever since these download issues started my host has been trying to push onto me the idea of upgrading to dedicated hosting which I know we`re not needing yet but It seems they can`t cope with the current server load so the only option is to move to dedicated hosting.

But their dedicated option is not an option because for one, the price, and two the fact that email and databases are still hosted in a shared enviroment! what!!

I can get a good deal with dedicated hosting from a friend but that still means a reletavly huge jump in cost, a change of host (which isn`t simple) and much more maintenance as it will not be managed hosting to keep costs down.

Idealy more expensive shared hosting which is more solid and reliable would be perfect but it simply doesn`t exist these days so please try again to grab the file and report any further problems you may have. I will try to get them ironed out but no promises.