The Hotfix Share

New forum feature for uploaders

xable

We`re lucky enough to have a fair few regular uploaders these days, when a new hotfix is released it`s generaly not long before it`s uploaded.

This success is a good thing but it has uncovered a flaw in the upload process. I now find myself deleting duplicate submissions more and more often because there`s no way for members to check if the file has already been uploaded and is sitting in the approval que.

The other day in the space of just a few hours one xp hotfix was uploaded by 5 members and another by 3, out of 8 submissions I had to delete 6. These duplicates not only double the length of the approval process, but worst of all they waste the uploaders time. For me it would also be terribly disconcerting having uploaded file`s which are then deleted because I had no way of knowing someone beat me to it.

The obvious solution was to make the approval que publicly viewable, with the help from Adriano at invision modding that`s exactly what I`ve done. In the Download Manager Statistics area you`ll find a new link called "Files Pending Approval". Now you can be certain your not about to waste your time :)

I`m always open to new suggestions to improve the site so feel free to let your imagination run wild and post them.

I hope you enjoy this new feature and let me take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all you uploaders. :)

xable

I hope you enjoy this new feature and let me take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all you uploaders. :)

xable

Thank YOU for making all this possible.

It's rare nowadays to see so much people 'fighting' among themselves to help others. There is something exceptional in this community.

GL

• 1 month later...