The Hotfix Share

Control panel Does not Open

Ramone

Hello All!

Today I installed Windows Ultimate, turned off some services.

Tried to install Windows 2003 Admin Pack.

Rebooted.

And my Control panel disappered (it open IE, try to boot something and close).

And one else.

Do know somebody how to install admin pack? and what version?

P.S. Excuse me for my English :)

• 4 weeks later...

My control panel stopped working aswell. I guess it happened after installing the ATI radeon drivers. Removing them didn't help. Searched in many forums about this problem and there seems to be an exact fix for my problem (which is - disappearing CP when trying to open it, can't open some games, My Computer properties won't open etc.). All the things that don't open are named in Microsoft's article which later redirects to a link, telling to download hotfix "KB929637 - Error message during Windows Vista startup if the Nero InCD program is installed and if the "Special pool" feature is enabled in the Driver Verifier utility: "Stop 00000050". That should solve my problem, the the thing is - Microsoft has to send me the link to this fix and I have to wait.... dunno how many. Found this hotfix here, but it doesn't open as it says that the update doesn't apply to my system, tho I downloaded the x64 version and my Vista is Ultimate x64. Why doesn't it apply to my system? Can it be because it is "v2" and there were some changes from the v1? Maybe the problem is because I installed sp1 earlier?

Edited by vladis

hah. same error. Googled around and found that in most cases when people had trouble with that error was just that they were trying to install something that they had already installed. So my guess is that this fix must have already been in sp1 package and that's why I get this error. If so, then anyway that fix doesn't seem to solve anything ^^ (because control panel disappeared after sp1 update)

Thanks for help :)

Edited by vladis