The Hotfix Share

Network problem

Whitknight

If i restart, and just start, my computer and hes back in deskop view, almost everytime my onboard network cant start, cant do any settings on it while its gone because its just isnt there for a reason, can only get it back by doing a systemrestoration to the last on i can do, can do win upates and things like that and next time my computer starts my network doesnt start again so i have to do a systemrestoration again, btw as i can se theres no programs that disapers when i do it...

that is not possible when i dont have a connection, because when i dont have it, i cant se the connection, its not showing at all, its like i have disconected the network card from my motherboard. i can not do any settings on it or anything, except when it works, if i try repair windows just tell me to reinstall the drivers for it and when i try that the installation program cant find the card...

im sorry for a really bad explination, not from england, hard to explain on a different language

If it`s not being detected when you try to reinstall the drivers then it could be failing hardware. Before replacing hardware though I`d rule out software problems first by running virus and malware scans, if they come back clean reinstall windows, of course backup first.

Sorry I can`t be of more help, it`s hard to be with a general problem like this. My PC had a habbit of rebooting itself and after reinstalling xp I replaced the ram, PSU and CPU before finally replacing the motherboard which turned out to be the problem. You just have to rule everything out untill you find the cause. Easyer said than done ;)

Good luck.

If your controller chip of ethernet is "Realtek", and when you change the "Auto Disable PHY" setting to "Enabled" and the network cable is unpluged, the driver will automatically disable PHY (physical layer)!.

If your controller chip of ethernet is "Realtek", and when you change the "Auto Disable PHY" setting to "Enabled" and the network cable is unpluged, the driver will automatically disable PHY (physical layer)!.

realtek sounds familiar but that is for the sound card i belive, my network name is nvidia networking.

and for xable, i dont remember if i had this problem before or after i reinstalled vista, but i think it was an win upt. that made my network go insane and there was a fix a few weeks after, dont know why its isnt working now