The Hotfix Share

SDHC in vista

dark0ne

Hello guys!

Congrats on this wonderfull site. Helped me out alot. :)

Any idea when or if this hotfix appears/ed?

It's getting pretty annoying.

I have an Acer Aspire 5520G running Vista Ultimate (updated to SP1). And my 4GB SDHC Kingston card is not recognized :( . I searched the forum, but I found only the update codes (KBxxxxx), no description.

Oh, I found something ("Windows6.0-KB936825-x86"), but when I try to update, it says "The update does not apply to our system"...

Can someone HELP, pls? Thx in advance!

All the best!

Edited by dark0ne

thanks for your help..

I updated, restarted, and when windows started... it was like I just installed it. all settings gone, welcome center started... and I have "restore point" off, to free space :))) OMG!

But it's a progress.. Now windoze sees the SD, but it asks to format it. I choose "format", but it can't.. (Capacity: unknown capacity)..

Any idea what next? :)

SDHC (SD 2.0) cards are often formatted with the FAT32 file system. It uses the same form factor as SD, but the SD 2.0 standard in SDHC uses a different memory addressing method (sector addressing vs byte addressing).

You can use a 3rd party applications for formatting of SDHC (SD 2.0)... E.g.: "Panasonic SD Memory Card Formatting Software" or similars.

:D I shutdown my computer, went to have lunch, and when I turned it on it was back to normal again, all settigns!! :) hurray!

will try the panasonic formatter now thx.. but first, system restore point ON! :))

I'll let you know on my progress.

Another question: Does one of you have an SDHC card working on Vista? :)

I think there is also a hardware dependency. If you have an external card reader, does it have the SDHC logo?

http://www.sdcard.org/about/sdhc/

I've found some 'older' card readers without the SDHC logo can read/write SDHC but will give errors under when transferring many files/large files (ok for few files or small files). Other older card readers without the SDHC logo simply cannot work at all with SDHC cards.

No, I don't have an external reader, it's built in. I have a laptop. But I'm thinking about buying one. The one from my laptop is Ricoh..

I also noticed another problem. When connecting the camera (I use the 4 GBs for my Digital Camera), I notice I can't copy files (movies) more than 1,5 GB... so, it's not only the card reader. It may be from Vista also.. The card is Kingston, I don't think it has a problem..