The Hotfix Share

Download all hotfixes

Kal

It would be helpful to have a way to select all hotfixes of a certain type. There are people like me who keep an archive of a certain item & use it for future use. It helps especially when you're having network connectivity issues at that time. Just a suggestion since I slipstream an OS image whenever I'm going to start over again.

Allow me to quote microsoft:

A Hotfix is a single package that includes one or more files that is used to address a very specific customer problem with a product. A supported Hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in the previous mentioned article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This Hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this Hotfix.

Warning: These Hotfixes have not gone through full Microsoft regression testing. Specifically, these Hotfixes have had targeted testing which does not include testing in combination with other Hotfixes. You are encouraged to only install the specific Hotfixes needed to address the problem you have. Please carefully review the associated KB article for each Hotfix you install to verify that this is the fix you need and that there are no known compatibility or installation issues.

That is fact, if you have not noticed any problems then you`ve been lucky.

Even if I wanted to make a big archive of all hotfix`s available I couldn`t, because there is no option too have one generated in the download manager, making one manually and updateing it would take too long because of the size of it and hiring a programer to develop such a system is out of the question. Currently it costs a minimum of $150 a month (depending on traffic) and a lot of work to keep the server up and functional.

At the moment you are free to download what you want, however as has always been the case, anyone haveing a detrimental effect on the server is temporarily IP banned and then permanently banned if they persist.

I have already had to close downloads to guests because the amount of abuse they were getting was bringing the server down, ontop of that I`ve had to move to a VPS to cope with the current volume of traffic and that`s without the extra burden of guest downloads!

The share is intended for people to download the odd one or two hotfix`s that fix a specific problem they may be having, for this fact and reasons stated above, hugh archives of all hotfix`s will not be created and made available for download.

I`m now closing this topic. The origional question has been answered.