The Hotfix Share

English Windows XP Service Pack 3 Final? v5512

xable

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the last build. Microsoft plans to release the final Serviec Pack 3 in the midle of 2008.

The 5503 is interestiing cuz of jump from 3311 to 5503. It is sayed that 5503 build has an improved security (very improved), but the Microsoft doesnt aprove or denny that this build is official so it its just to guess what MS is planning.

A lot of sites says "Use at your own risk." ;)

EDIT:

By the way has anyone tried to install it in VMware and get the Cannot format drive, it might be corrupt... ?

tried many times integrated with nlite (not working), integrated throught command line (not working), , with some addons(not working). or maybe i have a corrupt setup but when extracting it doesnt show error.

Edited by rc3ros

You only have to start the installation and read the eula to see it`s not the RTM build. It`s old news Microsoft have officialy documented the preliminary release date to be between january and june 2008, so not too far away.

The build jump isn`t all that supprising. 948877, 949764 and 949900 have higher version numbers than this official (digital signature is intact) but not officially acknowledged build.

BTW I haven`t had any problems installing on a live system or slipstreaming and installing in VMWare.

Just wanted to thank you all for the post. I just found out there was a SP3. With all the problems I have had with Vista Ultimate 64bit I am happy they will have a new XP soon. :)

Have Full install from 3265 But when installing 3311 It reads:

This Service PAck cannot be installed on top of the Windows XP service pack 3 build currently installed on your computer. Cancle this installation process, uninstall your current windows XP Service Pack 3 build then re-install this Service PAck.

Any ideads whet I can do? I installed 3265 from a fresh install. :(

Edited by Muteki

Any ideads whet I can do? I installed 3265 from a fresh install. :(

Congratulations! Now U're a real everlasting betatester :D

One thing U can do - update your OS from the CD with the integrated SP3 final version, of course, if it will be supported ;)