Wave0_Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe

xable

File Name: Wave0_Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe

File Submitter: Xable

File Submitted: 28 Aug 2007

File Updated: 7 Dec 2007

File Category: Beta Service Pack Downloads

Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 x86

This is the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Build 6001.16659. Think of it more as a pre-beta build of SP1 than an actual beta build. It is also a standalone update pack that can be installed in any edition of Vista RTM and is not a fully integrated SP1 ISO unlike the previously released 6001.16549.

Full Build tag is: 6001.16659.070916-1443

• 5 weeks later...

for all of you having applied this beta service pack: did your windows activation status remain activated? did windows remain genuine? will this beta work on an us-english oem version of vista business?

i'm tempted to try this beta out of sheer frustration with vista on this particular machine. however, i already had to re-activate vista four times over the phone line (whenever i installed a new driver for it's hard disk controlller vista deactivated itself. and im getting tired of this ...

My vista stay activated but I see on desktop : Windows VISTA TM Evaluation Version 6001 :(

Yes, it states evaluation version & I noticed my product ID had changed too (no longer oem in the ID). winver stated the copy expired April 2008. I have since unistalled SP1 and my product ID remained same as SP1, expiry date remained April 2008, and eval version was still on desktop too, which all worried me a bit :huh: . But all I did was click on 'change product key' and enter my original key, rebooted, and all was back to normal :D

All I can assume is if the beta is installed, when SP1 is released you will simply install over the top or unistall the beta & then intstall again and re enter your product key to get rid of the eval version status. That's my guess anyway

Edited by mikeyjames