The Hotfix Share

[RESOLVED] Downloads cutting out prematurely

xable

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

i want to download the vista x64 sp1 beta but the download fails everytime ... i used internet explorer, firefox and although a lot of download managers (internet download manager, free download manager, flash got) but i can download between 50mb an 700mb and no kb mehr.... thats very curious. i hope you fix it ... thanks a lot mate

greetz L.

Same problem here. I have already downloaded 900MB 3 times but couldn't reach the end of x64 sp1 (1,02Gb). My connection is 4Mbits and I was getting a very variable rate, from 80 to 300 kb/s (my max rate would be about 500).

Main problem I see is that the download manager start it all over everytime, since your server is explicitly setting the header "Accept-Ranges: none". Also it's limited to a single connection.

Just to understand, do you have a reason for not letting people resume broken downloads and even making more than 1 connection? This scheme has already drained 3Gb of your (and my) bandwidth for nothing.

Thanks!!

Mr. Milk

Beleive me these restrictions are necessary, I wouldn`t be imposeing them otherwise. In fact if I didn`t impose them my host would because the amount of over exuberant download managers sending thousands of requests per file was bringing the server down.

This is a seperate problem which I`m working to resolve. I thank you for your reports and your patience.

I have just changed the storage method, testing downloads right now. Please let me know if you still have problems, there are a few more things I can try before kicking up a shit storm at my host.

Beleive me these restrictions are necessary, I wouldn`t be imposeing them otherwise. In fact if I didn`t impose them my host would because the amount of over exuberant download managers sending thousands of requests per file was bringing the server down.

This is a seperate problem which I`m working to resolve. I thank you for your reports and your patience.

I have just changed the storage method, testing downloads right now. Please let me know if you still have problems, there are a few more things I can try before kicking up a shit storm at my host.

Thank you Xable. You're doing a brilliant job, and for free!. Just asked about the limits because my thoughts were "if I can download faster I'll let room for others to come in." and also "if I could resume a broken download I would be unloading the server".

Anyways, I managed to download the file through my dedicated server (and from there to my notebook with a more stable connection and resume). Your line is very good, I got a rate of 1,6 MB/s and the whole 1,02GB was downloaded in about 10 minutes. But I did have to give it a couple of tries since even the 10-minute download was getting cut.

Thanks a zillion and keep up the good job man!

Mr. Milk